"If we are going to be ready for Jesus Christ, we have to stop being religious. In other words, we must stop using religion as if it were some kind of a lofty lifestyle - we must be spiritually real." - Oswald Chambers
Be spiritually real.
wrap yourself in Him
- don't place your focus anywhere else... no matter how important the object of your focus may seem... and especially if your focus is ungodly.
look at life through crimson colored glasses
- Jesus' perspective is authentic.
avoid and get rid of existing distractions
- things that distract your from the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is in fact the basis of our faith.
- if not, you will start to assume this is YOUR life...
truly love others
- in their unique person and their unique situation... no matter the background... you will begin to understand the unfailing love and grace of God.
- don't be so absorbed in your service to Jesus or your lack of it... be so close with Him that you will recognize Him when he's near.
build others up to be ready
- encourage others in their walk with God. It's intimidating sometimes, I know, but God desires them.
read His word
- it's an amazing venue in which he reveals himself. He is on every single page and the entire Bible is a tapestry... a love story... and it's beautiful
Stop doing, and start being. I write about this a lot, about getting rid of distractions... about letting go of what you want your life to look like... about giving up the struggle. It doesn't have to be that way! I think God is really working on my heart and mind right now. I have been focused way too long on what I want my life to look like. Then I pray that the things I want will miraculously become the Lord's will for my life. How bout this.. how bout I just get over myself. How bout I let Him live His life. I know He's been pursuing me for a long time. I can feel it daily, and I am done with the struggle. It takes a toll after a while. Pretty sure that is one definition of struggle... something that results in exhaustion... God desires me. How amazing is it to think about? God. THE God. THE ONLY GOD wants ME! Not because He needs me, far from it! I am the last person in the world God NEEDS! He desires a relationship with me. Blows my mind.
Well, this is just my two cents... Random and rambling afterthoughts of my devotion tonight.